Tuesday 26 June 2018

My story


Whāia te iti kahurangi, ki te tuohu koe me maunga teitei.

Pursue that which is precious and do not be deterred by anything less than a lofty mountain.

I got the koha (gift) of life on a normal Mane (Monday)afternoonbut this wasnt a normal monday afternoon.  at 2:00 pm Māmā (Mum) went into labour with me that afternoon.  After I was born I had lots of people come to visit me almost all my Whanau (family).  Then I was allowed to go home.  My mum and dad lived in a flat but after my brother was born on the 8th of may 2010 we bought a new house.

I grew up in Hastings and have lived here all my life.  Our whare (house) is tekau (ten) minutes away from town and is a few blocks away from the kura (school) and our whare (house) is also close by  to frimley park. We know our neighbours well and our neighbours foster puppies so we can go to their whare (house) to play with the puppies.









My dad was born in Hehitingi (hastings) is well and he was born on christmas day. My mum was born in the philippines and she was born on new years.  They are hard workers my mum is a nurse at the hastings hospital and she works really late from toru (three) in the afternoon till midnight but she has an hour break for dinner where she comes home. and my dad is an administrator and his work is really close to our whare (house) it is just behind the hospital and he works from 8 in the morning till 4 in the afternoon.  

My whanau (family)  is very important to me.  Every member of my family has taught me something about   who I am today! In my whanau I have got my mum Sirean and dad Jason my brother Paolo who goes to frimley kura (school) and is in rm9  i have also got some pets which i have got 6 cats called gem, bailey,jack,jill ,mr grey and my neighbours cat ruby who we feed anyway because when we feed our cats she waiting on the table outside so we feed her and after shes shes eaten she comes into our house to sleep so our neighbours said we could keep her.
 
Another thing that is important to me is where I grew up which is in frimley in hastings.  I have lived in Frimley since I was 2.  I lived close to everybody in my family including aunties and uncles and cousins.  And there are heaps of exiting exciting  things close to frimley.

My goal for this year is to have a growth mindset with my mahi especially maths which is the hardest subject for me.  To have a growth mindset I will:
Practise at home until I understand it
I wont give up.

Those are the 2 two things that I will do to have a growth mindset.


No comments:

Post a Comment